1. Go to www.efast.dol.gov.welcome.html
2. Under the Main section on the left side of the screen, click on “Register” then “Continue”
3. Read and accept the privacy statement.
4. On the next screen, provide contact information (name, address, phone, company name, etc.) and under User Type, select “Filing Signer.”
5. Select one of the two challenge (or security) questions and provide an answer. The challenge question and answer is used in case you forget your password.
6. After verifying that the information you entered is correct, you will see the Registration Confirmation screen telling you that completion of your registration will be pending until you receive your Credentials Notification email with further instructions. EFAST2 generates and sends the Credentials Notification email within five minutes.
7. Once you receive the Credentials Notification email, select the link in the email that will take you to a secure EFAST2 website, which will ask you for the answer to your challenge (or security) question.
8. You will be asked to accept the PIN Agreement, which describes the security of your PIN and what to do if your PIN is lost or stolen. You will also be asked to accept the Signature Agreement if you will be signing the Form 5500 or Form 5500-SF.
9. You will be prompted to create a password. The password must be between 8 and 16 characters long and must not contain spaces. You must use at least one uppercase letter, one lower case letter, at least one number and at least one of the following special characters [!, @, $, %, ^, &, *, (, )]. No other special characters are allowed. Your new password must be different from your last 12 previous passwords. This field is case-sensitive and must be re-set after 90 days.
Once you have your UserID, PIN, and password, your EFAST2 registration is complete.
Importantly, your personal registration information is confidential, so DO NOT tell anyone your User ID or PIN.